Kalamazoo, Mich. — Crawlspace Theatre Productions is kicking off Kalamazoo’s festival season once again.
It’s the Fifth Annual Kalamazoo Improv Festival, and this event features some of the finest improv comedians around. Past festivals have seen talent from Chicago — the improv center of the universe — along with Grand Rapids, Minneapolis, Denver and Kalamazoo. The Festival Promises: give us your weekend, and we’ll give you abdomen-cleaving comedy (a notch up from side splitting comedy) that will be invented as you watch.
The festival activities start at 6 p.m., Friday, May 10 with a Happy Hour show (your ticket gets you the show and a drink) followed by shows at 8 p.m., 10 p.m., and then an 11:30 p.m. jam. The fun continues Saturday, May 11 with improv workshops at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., where you can learn valuable improv skills from some of the finest teachers in the business. Saturday night will feature shows at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.. Local rock group Fishlips will be performing before each show to make sure the fun never stops.
• Performances: Friday, May 10, 6 p.m., 8 p.m., and 10 p.m., with an 11:30 p.m. jam (everyone is welcome to either watch or play); Saturday, May 11, 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
• Tickets: $10 general admission for each show, or get a $25 fest pass and see as many shows as you want. To reserve tickets, go to farmersalleytheatre.com, or call the Farmers Alley box office at 269-343-2727.
• Workshops: Saturday, May 11 at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Admission is $15 per workshop. To sign-up, e-mail email@example.com.
• Location: All shows and workshops will be at Farmers Alley Theatre. Alcoholic beverages will be sold in the lobby before and after every show.
• More info: Visit crawlspacetheatre.com.
Click here for more information about Kalamazoo events!