We know you’re anxious to get outside and soak up every second of the sunshine and warmer temperatures that come with spring in Michigan. Don’t miss these outdoor events and activities in the month of May!
Paddles & Picnic in Marshall and Battle Creek
Slow Roll Mondays in Battle Creek
2016 Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid in Benton Harbor
Steelheaders Pro Am Fishing Tournament in South Haven
If the list above isn’t enough to satisfy your craving for the outdoors, take advantage of these outdoor recreation spots through out the entire spring season and beyond!
- Fish, swim, water ski, sail or boat in one of Kalamazoo County’s 83 lakes with public access. Or feel the sand in your toes along the majestic shores of Lake Michigan—just a 45-minute drive away. Browse our list of Recreation & Parks in the 269 area.
- Golfers can tee it up with nearly two-dozen courses within an hour of downtown Kalamazoo. Check out our 2015 Golf Guide.
- Kalamazoo is home to many sports teams and hosts prestigious sporting events annually. So check out our list and map of Spectator & Participatory Sports .
- Grab a friend or fly solo while you tackle of one our self-guided walking tours of Kalamazoo.
- In area code 269, you’re never far from lakes and other outdoor recreation, festivals and world-class attractions. For more inspiration to get you outdoors this month, check out our entire list of 269 Cool Things to Do in Area Code 269™!